At NRS International, we offer a dynamic, stimulating and motivating work environment. Our multinational and multilingual employees from all parts of the world have a passion for their profession and enjoy serving the humanitarian industry.
NRS International is looking for a Sustainability Executive who will be the driving force behind our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) agenda.
The successful applicant will contribute to the growth of our company through:
- Reporting on and analyzing our economic, environmental and social performance
- Implementing sustainability initiatives and partnerships that enhance our performance across these spheres
The Executive will sit within the Communications Department and report to the Senior Communications Manager.
Sustainability and data analysis:
- Act as the primary focal point for all NRS International Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) agendas, which has a strong focus on Sustainability.
- Where appropriate, initiate new CSR initiatives that will contribute to our company’s growth and enhance its brand equity.
- Gather data for and write our annual Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) report.
- Use GRI as a basis to analyse our economic, environmental and social performance at our factory site in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Develop a database for continual monitoring of economic, environmental and social performance.
- Based on trends in data, recommend and implement initiatives to improve performance and sustainability of business subsidiaries (e.g. how to improve energy efficiency).
- Conduct risk analyses and feasibility studies of prospective markets and ventures.
- Work with the Communications team to pursue appropriate public relations activities for NRS International and its subsidiaries.
- Identify and form partnerships able to contribute to the sustainability of our businesses.
- Identify strategic sponsorship opportunities for Bilqees Sarwar Foundation.
- Manage NRS International’s engagement with UN Global Compact and other CSR networks.
- Accompany and support Business Development Team on client visits; make presentations on sustainability agenda when required.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum of three years of work experience in Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility or related field.
- Graduate of a reputable university in Business, Economics or Social Sciences with a strong academic record. Master’s degree preferred.
- Data-driven individual with a proven ability to gather, analyse and synthesize data into user-friendly reports. Strong numerical skills a must.
- Proven ability to develop sustainable partnerships to the benefit of a company or institution.
- Robust knowledge of Triple Bottom Line (TBL) accounting.
- Experience in public speaking and strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work well in multi-cultural teams and manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Demonstrated interest in the humanitarian and development sectors, including strong knowledge of current trends and principal actors/donors working in the space.
- Flawless written and spoken English.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Willingness to occasionally travel, including to our factory site in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Experience managing a GRI reporting cycle
- Experience measuring corporate emissions and energy efficiency
- Knowledge of waste management
- Knowledge of SPSS, AMOS or other statistical analysis software packages
- Experience with project management software
- Proficiency in Arabic.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a CV, cover letter and grades transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later 30 November 2017. Please note that we may stop accepting applications before this date if we have a sufficient number of suitable applicants.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews to discuss their interests and experience, as well as to test their problem-solving skills.
Applicants will ideally be based already in Dubai, or else willing to relocate in January 2017.
About NRS International
NRS International is a family-run company that manufactures and develops products for the humanitarian, public health and development sectors. Responding to the growing demands of vulnerable populations, we aim to improve the lives of people in need by providing innovative, high quality and cost-effective aid essentials.
Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, we are the parent company to two market-leading subsidiaries:
- NRS Relief offers core relief items, family tents, multi-purpose shelters and mobile storage units to the humanitarian sector. Through its innovative products that adhere to the highest international standards, aid organisations can effectively alleviate the suffering of people experiencing disasters and conflicts.
- TANA Netting manufactures high quality, WHOPES-recommended DawaPlus® insecticide-treated nets as a tool for malaria control and prevention.
We also have a charitable arm, the Bilqees Sarwar Foundation, which supports public health and education initiatives in Pakistan.
For more information about NRS International, click here .