NRS International invites you to attend the AIDF Disaster Relief Summit 2014
Focus on innovation
This year, we will introduce you to our latest Fire Retardancy Solution for tents and tarpaulins. This FR solution is a historical breakthrough in the humanitarian field that we can be proud of; a solution that enhances safety in refugee camps. We will be participating in a panel session and we will also pitch our innovations during the pitch tank session. We invite you to attend these two sessions and ask all the burning questions!
Panel session: Improving product standards to protect life and livelihoods of beneficiaries
Wednesday, 19 November, 14:15 hours
Many refugee camps exist for more than a decade. The need for them to be temporary often creates further dangers for people who have already lost their homes once. Technology has been developed to make refugee camps safer, yet the solution still remains to be an open debate.
- How can safety be improved, looking at key areas such as shelter, food and water supply, hygiene and education?
- How can safety standards be implemented across the board? Speakers
- Farhai Sawar, Managing Director, NRS International
- Mario Flores, Director, Field Operations Disaster Risk Reduction & Response, Habitat for Humanity International
- Katherine Arnold, SAFE Humanitarian Fellow, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
Pitch tank: Latest product inventions for disaster relief onsite Wednesday, 19 November, 16:45 hours
The newest technologies and how they benefit the existing disaster relief operations • NRS International • Sun STAT