Responsible business: Our commitment to our community
At NRS International, we believe that businesses have a responsibility to give back to the community — so we do!
Our family-run charity in Lahore, Pakistan, the Bilqees Sarwar Foundation (BSF), is ‘our pledge to our communities‘. Our foundation focuses on public health, education and emergency response activities to answer the calls of the vulnerable populations in Pakistan and beyond.
Let’s hear it from none other than Mrs. Bilqees Sarwar, the matriarch and founder of our charitable arm:
“Our principle to help, share and treat employees, beneficiaries and neighbors like family, inspired the creation of our charitable foundation in 2005. Every year we strive to reach more beneficiaries within our community in Pakistan and abroad. Bilqees Sarwar Foundation was inaugurated on the basis of these family values, and it is a blessing to see my (grand) children now taking the lead in our work. My family inspires me and renews my commitment to scale up our work in public health through the Bilqees Sarwar Hospital, as well as in education and emergency response activities.”
- Mrs. Bilqees Sarwar, Chairwoman, Bilqees Sarwar Foundation
The Sarwar grandchildren, serving as BSF Youth Ambassadors, visit dialysis patients at Bilqees Sarwar Hospital.
- BSF improved the lives of 150,000 underprivileged Pakistanis.
- In 2016-2017 BSF invested USD 1.3 million in various projects.
- BSF expanded the Bilqees Sarwar Hospital with the establishment of a well-equipped Diagnostic Centre and Dental Care Centre.
- BSF strengthened its ties with government hospitals to provide standard quality treatments on a wider scale. This includes providing equipment, upgrades and construction of additional patient spaces.
- BSF provided 500 scholarships to support the underprivileged yet bright students to achieve their dreams.